Striped Bangles

Spring bangles are one of those things that I make at the beginning of the season and love throughout the summer.  They're an easy way add to a fun pop of color to any outfit, and can just as easily be coordinated with a wide variety of outfits with nothing more than some bangles you have already, embroidery floss, and a few dabs of hot glue. Nothing says summer like color, and with these vivid bangles the sun is always shining (of course, it is California)...





The original from Madewell.com








1.  Take a bangle that you already have.  I know I found 4 wooden and plastic ones that I would never wear again just sitting in my jewelry.  I'm sure everyone has a few.

2.  Cut a 4-5 foot piece of embroidery thread.  The longer the thread, the Find the middle and make a loop with embroidery floss around the bangle.

3.  Wrap the floss so it doesn't overlap itself in the front.

4.  Add a tiny dab of hot glue when the string runs out.  Repeat with  multiple colors.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frenchy Rat Ears Halloween Costume

Fortune Cookie Costume

Phoebe and Rob's Sign