Baby Blessing Way

Yesterday I attended the loveliest event called a Baby Blessing Way.  I have to admit I wasn't looking forward to it... thinking of all the boring baby showers I've been to with the silly games, then having to watch someone open presents.  Not exactly my idea of a fun afternoon.  Well, I was totally surprised by how lovely this party was.
My friend Jessica Begum of Hipster's Teaparty threw it for herself.  A simple evite, no presents (it's her third child so she has everything), all that she requested was that we bring a quote to write on a card that she was going to put in a book, and a dish to share.  She hired a henna tattoo artist to treat us to a tattoo and we all sat around chatting and feasting on the potluck style buffet.  So simple and totally lovely.   Here are highlights of the party.

A lovely hand sewn punched heart garland.  For directions check out Jessica's blog.
.
A simple and elegant flower arrangement and yummy cupcakes.
Simple garden decor.
The momma's henna tattoos.  
My tattoo!

The favors.  Can't wait to light my candle.
What a blessing a baby coming into the world is.    Looking forward to meeting Jessica's little bundle!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frenchy Rat Ears Halloween Costume

Fortune Cookie Costume

Phoebe and Rob's Sign