|eing a very organized person, I like to keep everything in a very specific place, and neatly at that. My recipes were in a state of disarray (folded in a tin-I know it's awful isn't it), until last Christmas, my friend Tina, gave me the most fantastic gift-a painted canvas three holed grommetted notebook with 3 hole punched 8"x11" paper inside. That sparked this idea- in the age of the internet most recipes can be printed on 8 1/2"x11" paper. Insert them into a stylish three-hole punched vinyl notebook. It's kitchen-proof as well. It's the perfect solution to a simple problem. With cutouts of food items, like a pie, or a ham, or maybe a chocolate cake depending on what type of cookbook it is, your cookbook will be the most stylish thing in your kitchen and you will love referring to it all the time! |
What You'll Need:
1. Measure 2 pieces of vinyl that measure 8 1/2" x 12" and cut the edges with pinking shears. Make sure they are exactly straight, for a professional look.
2. Match both pieces together using your hole-punch press down. This will lightly mark the vinyl, do not go through the vinyl, the marks are just so you know where to set your grommets. This is easier if you place a 8"x11" piece of paper on top you so you can see how much room is on top and bottom of your pages.
3. Set your grommets using your hammer and grommet setter.
4. Sew your design onto the front of your notebook, padding it with a touch of Hollowfill for that extra puff.
5. Hole-punch your recipes and line them up with your grommets. Run three equal-length pieces of ribbon through the holes and voila!